[yocto] [pseudo-native] No real function for mknod
Michel D'HOOGE
2016-10-03 12:02:08 UTC
Dear all,

Since the end of last week, I try to produce any kind of images, with no success :-(

Note that even though I'm not a seasoned Yocto user, in more than a year I managed many times to produce images & SDKs. And this time, I tried several configs, erased everything and restarted from scratch, etc., but with always the same problem.

I have the following logs (in grey, so I guess not a warning nor an error) when running bitbake:
No real function for mknod: /mnt/Yocto/Fabric-x64/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/../lib/pseudo/lib64/libpseudo.so: undefined symbol: mknod
No real function for mknodat: /mnt/Yocto/Fabric-x64/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/../lib/pseudo/lib64/libpseudo.so: undefined symbol: mknodat

And at the end, this crashes with:
ERROR: core-image-minimal-initramfs-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Unable to install packages. Command '/mnt/Yocto/Fabric-x64/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/smart --log-level=warning --data-dir=/mnt/Yocto/Fabric-x64/build/tmp/work/genericx86_64-poky-linux/core-image-minimal-initramfs/1.0-r0/rootfs/var/lib/smart install --attempt -y ' returned 1:

I tried the poky git repo with krogoth (HEAD & mid-september) and master; with recipes core-image-minima & core-image-sato.

I know that I always have a warning from bitbake about "Debian-unstable" not being validated, but so far, it worked.

So if any of you has an idea, I'd be most grateful!
Michel
Jussi Kukkonen
2016-10-03 13:00:47 UTC
Post by Michel D'HOOGE
I have the following logs (in grey, so I guess not a warning nor an
/mnt/Yocto/Fabric-x64/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/../lib/pseudo/lib64/libpseudo.so:
undefined symbol: mknod
/mnt/Yocto/Fabric-x64/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/../lib/pseudo/lib64/libpseudo.so:
undefined symbol: mknodat

I believe this issue was fixed with a patch in poky master with
commit e090775f7e in May (and later in an upstream pseudo release). Are you
sure you are seeing this with poky master?

- Jussi
Michel D'HOOGE
2016-10-03 15:27:51 UTC
Thank you Jussi,
Post by Jussi Kukkonen
Post by Michel D'HOOGE
undefined symbol: mknod
undefined symbol: mknodat
I believe this issue was fixed with a patch in poky master with
commit e090775f7e in May (and later in an upstream pseudo release).
Are you sure you are seeing this with poky master?
I did so many tests that I mixed all the problems and errors I met…

With the master branch, the problem was with the sanity check about the locale. I re-enabled en_US.utf8 on my console and the image creation succeeded! So I guess the problem appeared after an upgrade of my debian unstable system. But I was lost and getting crazy.

So thanks again :-)
M.