[yocto] Yocto layers missing thud branches
akuster808
2018-11-17 23:50:18 UTC
Can the maintainers of meta-qt3, meta-qt4, meta-selinux, and meta-cgl
please add a "Thud" branch

kind regards,
Armin
Nicolas Dechesne
2018-11-17 23:53:27 UTC
hi,

while we are there.. in our builds we use the following layers which also
need the 'thud' branches:

name="OSSystems/meta-browser" path="layers/meta-browser"
name="git/meta-ti" path="layers/meta-ti" remote="yocto"
name="kraj/meta-clang" path="layers/meta-clang"
name="meta-rust/meta-rust" path="layers/meta-rust"

thanks!
nico
Max Krummenacher
2018-11-18 11:11:35 UTC
Hi
Post by akuster808
Can the maintainers of meta-qt3, meta-qt4, meta-selinux, and meta-cgl
please add a "Thud" branch
While at it, the following patches declaring thud compatibility are not
yet applied:
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2018-October/042780.html
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2018-October/042922.html
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2018-October/042923.html

Thanks.
Max
Paul Eggleton
2018-11-18 20:47:30 UTC
Post by Max Krummenacher
Post by akuster808
Can the maintainers of meta-qt3, meta-qt4, meta-selinux, and meta-cgl
please add a "Thud" branch
While at it, the following patches declaring thud compatibility are not
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2018-October/042780.html
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2018-October/042922.html
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2018-October/042923.html
I have just taken care of meta-qt3 and meta-qt4, FWIW.

Cheers,
Paul
--
Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

akuster808
2018-11-18 21:11:15 UTC
Post by Paul Eggleton
Post by Max Krummenacher
Post by akuster808
Can the maintainers of meta-qt3, meta-qt4, meta-selinux, and meta-cgl
please add a "Thud" branch
While at it, the following patches declaring thud compatibility are not
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2018-October/042780.html
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2018-October/042922.html
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2018-October/042923.html
I have just taken care of meta-qt3 and meta-qt4, FWIW.
Thanks Paul.
Post by Paul Eggleton
Cheers,
Paul
Richard Purdie
2018-11-20 23:05:21 UTC
Post by Paul Eggleton
Post by Paul Eggleton
I have just taken care of meta-qt3 and meta-qt4, FWIW.
Given we don't test those any more, should we be pushing these new
branches?

Cheers,

Richard

akuster808
2018-11-20 23:21:34 UTC
Post by Max Krummenacher
Post by Paul Eggleton
Post by Paul Eggleton
I have just taken care of meta-qt3 and meta-qt4, FWIW.
Given we don't test those any more, should we be pushing these new
branches?
Are the branching schemes in sync with what we test , build or both?  I
think we should be clear what is built or built and tested if there are
exception.

The 2.6 release notes called out so it may lead to the conclusion its
tested.

Release Name: meta-qt3-thud-20.0.0
Branch: thud
Tag: thud-20.0.0
md5: 7b73bf1132428ea898938b03815cad21

- armin
Post by Max Krummenacher
Cheers,
Richard
r***@linuxfoundation.org
2018-11-20 23:55:34 UTC
Post by akuster808
Post by Max Krummenacher
Post by Paul Eggleton
Post by Paul Eggleton
I have just taken care of meta-qt3 and meta-qt4, FWIW.
Given we don't test those any more, should we be pushing these new
branches?
Are the branching schemes in sync with what we test , build or both?
I think we should be clear what is built or built and tested if there
are exception.
The 2.6 release notes called out so it may lead to the conclusion its
tested.
Release Name: meta-qt3-thud-20.0.0
Branch: thud
Tag: thud-20.0.0
md5: 7b73bf1132428ea898938b03815cad21
Scripts may have put that in the release notes and even done tagging
but I'm fairly sure it doesn't get built or tested...

I think processes are being followed without review. Yes, I probably
should have caught this before now but I'm not alone in that :(.

Cheers,

Richard

Matthias Schoepfer
2018-11-22 15:10:29 UTC
Hi there,

seems like meta-java also missing a thud branch?!

git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-java

Regards,

   Matthias
Armin