Error Creating Project with Eclipse IDE
Enric Balletbò i Serra
2011-09-06 07:29:57 UTC
Hi all,

Following http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.1/adt-manual/adt-manual.htm
(chapter 4.2), when I’m creating a New Project I’m getting the
message:

Error Creating Project
Project cannot be created
Reason: Internal Error: java.lang.NullPointerException

I'm running Eclipse Helios (Version: Helios Service Release 2, Build
id: 20110301-1815) on Ubuntu 10.10 machine.

Any clue with this ?

Thanks in advance,
Enric
Lu, Lianhao
2011-09-06 08:06:35 UTC
Hi Enric,

Which version of the Yocto eclipse plug-in did you use? Have you configure the plug-in as mentioned in manual section 4.1.3?

Best Regards,
-Lianhao
Enric Balletbò i Serra
2011-09-06 09:07:23 UTC
Hi Lianhao,
Post by Lu, Lianhao
Hi Enric,
Which version of the Yocto eclipse plug-in did you use?
I'm using version 1.0 from
http://www.yoctoproject.org/downloads/eclipse-plugin/1.0 with latest
yocto mainline from git.
Post by Lu, Lianhao
Have you configure the plug-in as mentioned in manual section 4.1.3?
Yes, I followed these steps I will review the steps to see if I'm
missing something ...

Cheers,
Lu, Lianhao
2011-09-06 09:17:16 UTC
Post by Lu, Lianhao
Hi Enric,
Which version of the Yocto eclipse plug-in did you use?
I'm using version 1.0 from
http://www.yoctoproject.org/downloads/eclipse-plugin/1.0 with latest
yocto mainline from git.
I believe the latest changes in Yocto mainline is not compatible with the 1.0 plugin due to some file/variable name changes in the Yocto mainline.

   Enric
Enric Balletbò i Serra
2011-09-06 09:22:31 UTC
Post by Lu, Lianhao
Hi Enric,
Which version of the Yocto eclipse plug-in did you use?
I'm using version 1.0 from
http://www.yoctoproject.org/downloads/eclipse-plugin/1.0 with latest
yocto mainline from git.
I believe the latest changes in Yocto mainline is not compatible with the 1.0 plugin due to some file/variable name changes in the Yocto mainline.
Ah ok, that could explain my problem, thanks
   Enric
Enric Balletbò i Serra
2011-09-15 08:35:04 UTC
Post by Lu, Lianhao
Best Regards,
-Lianhao
Post by Enric Balletbò i Serra
Hi all,
Following
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.1/adt-manual/adt-manual.htm
  Error Creating Project
  Project cannot be created
  Reason: Internal Error: java.lang.NullPointerException I'm
running Eclipse Helios (Version: Helios Service Release 2, Build
id: 20110301-1815) on Ubuntu 10.10 machine.
Any clue with this ?
Thanks in advance,
   Enric
I see the same error using 1.1_M3.final tag from git repositories, is
this problem solved anywhere ? Maybe in master ?

Thanks,
Enric
Zhang, Jessica
2011-09-15 16:00:47 UTC
Hi Eric,

The eclipse 1.0 works with Yocto 1.0 release. For the latest Yocto mainline, we'd advise you to update to eclipse Indigo, 1.1_M3.final is updated for Indigo. We're working on the document including how to configure Indigo at the moment for the upcoming Yocto Oct. release. Below is the section talks about how to configure your Indigo to work with Yocto plug-in. After doing this, you can just use the yocto eclipse of master. Hope this will get you going.

Thanks,
Jessica

1. Start the Eclipse IDE.
2. Select "Install New Software" from the "Help" pull-down menu.
3. Select Indego - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indego from the "Work with:" pull-down menu.
4. Expand the box next to Programming Languages and select the Autotools Support for CDT (incubation) and C/C++ Development Tools boxes.
5. Complete the installation and restart the Eclipse IDE.
6. Select "Install New Software" from the "Help" pull-down menu.
7. After the Eclipse IDE restarts, click the "Available Software Sites" link.
8. Check the box next to http://download.eclipse.org/tm/updates/3.3 and click "OK".
9. Select http://download.eclipse.org/tm/updates/3.3 from the "Work with:" pull-down menu.
10. Check the box next to TM and RSE Main Features.
11. Expand the box next to TM and RSE Optional Add-ons and select every item except RSE Unit Tests and RSE WinCE Services (incubation).
12. Complete the installation and restart the Eclipse IDE.
13. After the Eclipse IDE restarts, click the "Available Software Sites" link.
14. Check the box next to http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/indego and click "OK".
15. Select http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/indego from the "Work with:" pull-down menu.
16. Check the box next to CDT Main Features.
17. Expand the box next to CDT Optional Features and select C/C++ Remote Launch and Target Communication Framework (incubation).
18. Complete the installation and restart the Eclipse IDE.

Enric Balletbò i Serra
2011-09-16 06:58:16 UTC
Post by Zhang, Jessica
[...]
Hi Jessica,